Las sugerencias aparecerán al escribir el texto de búsqueda. Utiliza las flechas hacia arriba y hacia abajo para revisar. Utiliza enter para seleccionar. Si la selección es una frase, esa frase se introducirá en el buscador. Si la sugerencia es un enlace, el navegador accederá a esa página.
Anfitrión de la experiencia

Experiencias con bebidas alcohólicas en Bali

These information pages can help you get started in learning about some of the laws and registration requirements that may apply to your experiences on Airbnb. These pages include summaries of some of the rules that may apply to different sorts of activities, and contain links to government resources that you may find helpful.

Please understand that these information pages are not comprehensive, and are not legal advice. If you are unsure about how local laws or this information may apply to you or your Experience, we encourage you to check with official sources or seek legal advice.

Please note that we don’t update this information in real time, so you should confirm that the laws or procedures have not changed recently.*

I plan to serve or provide alcohol as part of my experience - do I need any licenses for that?

If you are considered to be supplying alcohol to your guests, you will need to first get a License Letter for Trading Alcoholic Beverages (Surat Izin Usaha Perdagangan Minuman Beralkohol or "SIUP-MB") and/or License of Premises Selling Alcoholic Beverages (Izin Tempat Penjualan Minuman Beralkohol or "ITP MB"). The rules vary across the various regencies in Bali, so we encourage you to check with your local relevant regency. For example, if you serve alcoholic beverages in Badung Regency, you will need to get a SIUP-MB, while you need to get a SIUP-MB and an ITP MB if you serve alcoholic beverages in Gianyar Regency. However, these licenses can only be applied for by an entity or company, so it may be necessary to have a registered business or a company to get these licenses in the first place.

Under the Ministry of Trade Regulation No. 20 of 2014 on Control and Monitoring of the Provision, Distribution and Sales of Alcoholic Beverages and its amendments, sales of alcoholic beverages for on-site drinking can only be done in hotels, restaurants, bars and other licensed premises.

As serving alcohol to guests is generally a tricky area, we encourage you to check with the relevant tourism board (dinas pariwisata) of the relevant regency office where you are offering your Experience, or speak to your lawyer to make sure you are following the laws.

You should be aware that there is potential criminal liability for failure to obtain a SIUP-MB and/or an ITP MB which may include financial penalties and/or jail.

Additionally, if you are selling alcoholic beverages to guests in a restaurant, you may also need a restaurant license. Under the Minister of Tourism Regulation No. 12 of 2014 on Standardization of Restaurants, restaurant businesses are broadly defined as any profit-oriented service in providing food and beverages with immovable equipment and supplies for storing and serving food and beverages. For more information, please refer to our information section on Experiences involving food in Bali.

What if my experience takes place at a bar?

You are unlikely to run afoul of the law so long as the bar that serves your guests holds the required SIUP-MB and/or ITP MB and the Experience takes place at the licensed premises. It is important for you to ensure that your guests do not take away the alcoholic beverages, as it is not allowed.

What if my experience is BYOB, and I want to allow guests to bring their own alcohol?

You may not require a SIUP-MB, ITP MB nor a restaurant license, but we encourage you to check with the relevant regency office where you are offering your Experience. Think carefully about the safety of your guests and the appropriateness of inviting them to bring their own alcohol if drinking alcohol may impair their judgment and lead to a safety issue.

I brew my own beer or produce my own wine. What do I need to keep in mind?

You will need an Industrial Business License (Izin Usaha Industri or IUI) to operate a winery or a brewery in Indonesia. As mentioned above, alcoholic beverages can only be served and sold at licensed premises. If you serve alcoholic beverages to guests, even if a separate fee is not charged for the alcoholic beverage, you may still be regarded as selling alcoholic beverages if the service of such beverages forms an integral part of your Experience.

If my experience involves alcohol, do I need to watch out for anything else?

Yes: the age of guests and the permitted time slots to serve alcohol.

  1. You should ensure that all the guests are of the minimum legal drinking age (currently 21 years in Indonesia).
  2. Each regency may have its own policy when it comes to the permitted time slots for trading alcoholic beverages. For example, the Gianyar Regency only allows two time slots for the sales of alcoholic beverages, namely (i) from 12:00 pm to 03:00 pm; and (ii) from 07:00 pm to 01:00 am the next day (which is extendible until 03:00 am the next day during non-religious public holidays).

Please also note that advertising or promoting alcoholic beverages in any mass media is prohibited in Indonesia. This means you should never promote alcohol in your Experience nor show photos of beverages with high alcoholic content by volume (over 20%) products on your listing page.

Is there anything else I should think about?

If your Experience will involve combining alcohol with another activity (for example, serving or providing food or a guided tour of the city), please take a look at our other information sections to work out if any other rules might apply to your activity.

*Airbnb is not responsible for the reliability or correctness of the information contained in any links to third party sites (including any links to legislation and regulations).

¿Te ayudó este artículo?
Recibe ayuda con las reservaciones, la cuenta y otros asuntos.
Iniciar sesión o registrarse